Monday 21 February 2011

Homeschool Mothers Journal 5

 
 
In my life this week...
We've been walking in the woods this week and I've been touched anew by the wonder of nature. It was wet, muddy and cold but even so the shoots were just starting to come through. (and the kids had loads of fun.)
 
In our homeschool this week...
Working on grammar, geometry, history, bodies, elements, Asia, plants, factors, spelling, vocab, multiplication...

Tot school was more fun - DD2 has been sticking, cutting, sweeping, spreading, baking, colours and sorting.
DD4 has been working on the letter M, revising her numbers to 12, Asia and bodies.
 
Places we're going and people we're seeing...
We are off to the Viking festival in York this week with some other HS families and I can't wait - they burn a traditional longboat on the river and we are all sooo excited to see it.
My favorite thing this week was...
Helping a friend. Her father is very ill in hospital and she wanted to go and see him - we were able to collect her children, bring them home and entertain them. My kids loved taking her kids minds off everything and it helped DD8 as she wrote in her journal that she wanted to 'serve anyone I can' last week.

What's working/not working for us...
I am loving the Evan Moor vocab book - a word a day.
DD8 is just improving her vocabulary so much - she said yesterday that 'I durst not'.
 
Homeschool questions/thoughts I have....
Officially its half term holidays here in the UK this week. We generally school through half term as normal and pop in a field trip. However the girls have 3 invitations to play days and with the Viking festival it would leave only one 'school' day - am wondering if we should stick to our normal routine or allow a break? maybe just pick one or two of the play dates?? Help!

A photo, video, link, or quote to share...
I discovered a wonderful quote this week
The limits of my language are the limits of my mind. All I know is what I have words for.
Ludwig Wittgenstein
 
 

1 comment:

April D said...

That's a GREAT quote!
We are studying the Victorian Era right now in history-
did UK map work today!
Happy schooling!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...