Tuesday 19 April 2011

Love/Hate Relationships

I have a love/hate relationship with Hama beads.

I love that they can keep the kids amused for hours.
I love that they can be so creative with them.(the black and white one is a photo frame for DH for Easter - they have drawn a cute picture to go in it)
I love how they use them to make gifts.
I love how they can be used for fine motor control.

I hate that DD2 drops them all over the floor when she uses them.
I hate that they never stay sorted by colour (this has to be my biggest peeve).
I hate when 'someone' drops them before they are iorned and I then have to recreate their masterpiece perfectly.
I hate when I step on them

What love/hate relationships do you have in the school room?

3 comments:

asliceofsmithlife said...

We call these pearler (spelling?) beads and I love and hate them for the same reasons you do! My kids do love these! I love markers because my children color and create with them but I hate them because lids never go back on and they dry out :( Thanks for sharing this post on NOBH!

The Adventurer said...

AMEN to this post. I also hate that even after you iron them and the kids play with them they break and it isn't so easy to iron them back together:( to repair them

Style, Decor & More said...

These weren't around when my kids were little. I would definitely hate stepping on them! Ouch!!

I'm a new follower from the blog hop! Hope you can hop by and visit my blog too!

http://stylendecordeals.blogspot.com/

I have a craft book giveaway on the right side bar that you might like!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...