Wednesday 1 February 2012

Geography - Landform activities

The girls have been working on landforms today
Rose and Tulip started with the basic landforms - they made them out of clay and we discussed what each landforms was (3 part landform cards from Montessori Print Shop)

Lilly and Sunflower worked with the advanced landform cards (also from Montessori Print Shop) and made a clay diorama of the landforms.

My favourite has to be the cave :)
they also made a landform poster, wrote their definitions
and made some tactile cards of their own, using sandpaper for the land forms and shiny blue card for the water forms.

Overall they loved the day - who wouldn't enjoy a day filled with clay and water??


linked up to Montessori Monday

2 comments:

Unknown said...

We are doing something similar, However making a notebook of each landform. Thats a wonderful idea with clay!! I thought maybe doing salt dough!! XOXO Thanks for sharing your day!

Discovery Kidzone said...

I love your landform works!! Thank you for sharing with us, I can't wait to try them. I homeschool my second grader and I own a Montessori School. I am your newest follower. :)
http://discoverykidzone.blogspot.com/
Rachel

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...