Thursday 16 August 2012

Vocabulary Spelling City - TOS Review

Vocabulary Spelling City is an interactive learning based website aimed at elementary to high school students It is a literacy skills builder that teaches spelling and vocabulary through various activities and games. You can even input your own spelling lists : )

When your child opens their individual spelling list, not only does it provide a spelling lesson but you also have the option to assign a vocabulary lesson, flash cards, sentence writing, missing letters, word searchs and much more.  The different activities are fun and engaging for them and they like it a million times more than a boring worksheet. 





I was provided with the Premium Membership which included extras such as synonyms, handwriting worksheets, language arts, teacher training, record keeping, lesson plans and much more

I really liked the Teacher Resources page - these are packed full of spelling lists, ideas and activities to teach spelling and language skills. I also loved that I could personalise my lists, tailor the programme to our specific needs and that I can track each child's progress and see the work they've done each week. 

I asked the girls what they thought of the programme:
"I like that the spelling test will read the words as many times as I need."
"I like that when you get a word wrong, it helps you spell it so you can get it right." 
"It's great that it tells you the meaning of words and how they are used in real sentences."

Vocabulary Spelling City is a great program and very cost effective at $29.99 per year for up to 5 students. They also offer a free membership (this contains a smaller range of all it has to offer) so you can see how it will work for you before you buy it.

You can see what my other crew mates thought over at the TOS Blog

Disclaimer: I was provided with a free membership to this site so I could provide an open and honest review.

1 comment:

GraGra said...

Try www.ZooWhiz.com too. Our kids love it and it is great learning fun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...