Friday 10 October 2014

Chore Chart

We have nicely settled back into our school routine but I felt the housework was suffering a little. After begging hubby for a cleaner to no avail, we decided that the girls should do more housework than they were doing.

I spent a good few weeks trying to find a chore chart that I could modify for 4 kids and rotate their chores - I eventually settled for this.



I painted a board white then stencilled on a quote with a black sharpie pen ('Nothing will work unless you do' Maya Angelou). I added four hooks with a name above for each child and stapled a string to the back for hanging.

Whilst searching for my perfect chart, I stumbled on some great, free icons from Today's Mama. I cut the black icons out and laminated them in sets of three. (I had to use a bit of creativity here - for example the toothbrush doesn't mean clean teeth but tidy the bathrooms and the mirror means dusting.)



Now each child has a set of three chores each day (on top of making their beds and tidying their room). We've been using this system for two weeks now (Mon through Fri) and I've got to say I'm loving it, in less than 30 mins a day the house is tidy. While the girls do their chores I can focus on the hard and unpleasant tasks like cleaning the toilets : (





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...