Friday 21 August 2015

Entrepreneurship and Practical Life for upper elementary

One of my favourite aspects of Montessori is the emphasis on practical life. Seeing children gain the confidence to do for themselves really makes me happy.

I've been wondering how to include more practical life into lessons for the older girls (they've kind of outgrown pouring, lacing and pegging) when I realised I just needed to get them doing practical things they loved (I'm sure chores count but they don't love those).

I stuck on the idea of making frames for their honey bees,




they plan to sell extra queens and honey so will need as many hives and brood boxes as possible and the carpentry skills they develop will work nicely alongside having to design labels and a web page to sell their honey and spare bees from.


So I get entrepreneurship, art and design, carpentry, web design and math lessons all in one hobby : )

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...